Visual Stress – Colorimetry
At Jarvis Optometrist we have recently installed an Intuitive Colorimeter to assess patients for Visual Stress. This condition, sometimes referred to as Meares-Irlen
How this might look to the person suffering from Visual Stress
Symptoms of Visual Stress can include some or all of the following:
- Movement of the printed text
- Blurring of print
- Letters changing size or shape
- Patterns in the print (sometimes described as rivers or worms)
- Haloes of
- Tiring easily whilst reading
- Headaches or visual discomfort
- Red, sore, watery eyes
- Continual fidgeting
- Using finger as a marker on the page
- Skipping words or lines
- Frequently re-reading the same line
- Rubbing eyes or blinking frequently while reading
- Poor comprehension of reading content
- Frustration and low self-esteem
In the case of children, early diagnosis is essential, as underachievement can lead to frustration and low self-esteem. After a full eye exam and assessment on the Colorimeter, precision tinted lenses may be prescribed the effects of which can be life-changing.
Get In Touch Today!
We offer a service tailored to your lifestyle, age and budget.